Description: Aurifil Threads Mako Ne 50
- Aurifil Cotton Mako’ thread is made using the best long staple Egyptian cotton making it strong, smooth and relatively fuzz free.
- The long fibres, and the mercerising treatment used during manufacturing, produces a thread with a high sheen and superior strength.
- Aurifil Cotton Mako’ is recommended for any purpose where a reliable, high quality 100% cotton thread is desired.
- It is ideal for all forms of patchwork, machine quilting & embroidery, hand quilting & embroidery and bobbin lace work.
Aurifil Cotton Mako’ is recommended for any purpose where a reliable, high quality 100% cotton thread is desired.
- Gently twist the base to release thread for sewing & then tighten the base when ready to lock thread tails for storage. A neat way to tidy up those flapping and tangling loose ends!
- This fine, but strong, thread produces a subtle effect when used for machine quilting.
- It is possible to achieve very detailed quilting without an unsightly build up of thread on the quilt.
- It is a great alternative to silk thread for hand appliqué as cotton Mako’ Ne50 beds down into the background for an invisible finish.
- Machine appliqué will have a fine delicate finish without the bulky finish of some heavier threads.
- Ideal for miniature machine piecing, it makes a neat flat, accurate seam with precise points and less bulk.
- When used for foundation & paper piecing choose a slightly smaller stitch than you would use for general piecing and you will find that the papers will tear away with ease.
- Recommended for use in the bobbin when machine quilting with any slippery decorative threads.
- Perfect for miniature patchwork projects
- A size 70 /75 needle is recommended