Quilted Diamonds includes:
- 209 diamond patterns from Love & Friendship, named with quotations from Jane Austen’s novels.
- Photo of Jane Austen Quilt (1812)
- Photo of the Jane Stickle Quilt (1863)
- Illustrated, easy-to-follow directions for hand piecing, applique and reverse applique, settings for diamonds, innovative hand quilting designs and scalloped bindings.
No one knows what Jane Austen would think of Quilted Diamonds. We have Austen-tatiously taken a few words from some of the characters in her novels:
Marianne Dashwood: Indispensably necessary to your future Felicity.
Sir John Middleton: Written in so friendly a style as could not fail of giving pleasure.
Anne Elliot: This was handsome, – and gave her more pleasure than almost anything else could have done.
Charlotte Palmer: I never saw anything so charming.
Mrs. Norris: If I were you, I should not think of the expense.
Mary Crawford: There never was anything quite like it.
Emma: What a very great pleasure it will be to you!
Catherine Morland: Oh! I am delighted with the book! I should like to spend my whole life reading it.
Willoughby: To me it is faultless.
Miss Elizabeth: A constant source of delight!
- Author: Linda Franz
- Pages: 160 coloured pages
Linda Franz is an award winning Canadian quilter who spends her summers in Burlington, Ontario and her winters in Naples, Florida. Linda has a BA in English Literature and graduated from the University of Toronto Law School with a LLB. Her mother introduced Linda to sewing on the sewing machine before she was old enough to go to kindergarten.